Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tanjung Ketapang

I'd got a chance going back to my hometown during this last school holiday. As my 'cik abang' was very busy on those dates, so, I had to move on with my children and my mom in law as well.. (my m.i.l is a Muar origin..)..

I thought to drive around Muar town on the same day, but alas! I drove too slow because of the heavy rain occurred from Seremban till Simpang Ampat. Therefore, I should find some other days..

I thought too to call Ijan, just to see her for a while, but I was too tired and just fell asleep when I reached my mak's house.

You know what I longed to go if I am in Muar?? That's Tanjung Ketapang! The best memory ever I experienced at that place..Manakan tidak, whenever I went home with my cik abang, he refused to go there.. 'Mana ada apa-apa kat situ? Panas aje.." .. My cik abang memang putera lilin sikit...hehe
This is the time of the high tides. If not, you can see mud skippers peeping on you ...

Actually, there were several big trees grew at the side of the walking path before.. Then, some were fallen and some other trees were planted.. I don't really know the name of the tree but my mak said its name is 'pokok pelir kambing'..Sounds odd, right? hahaha.. My mak said that, the plant got its name because of the fruit and it's been told that the fruits can be used to kill cats.. That's awful! It just steps on the fruit and the cat dies.. Wahhh..that's so simple! Luckily I didn't test it on my neighbour's cat ( that always made stealing fish on my mak's sink as a hobby)....
The path along the Muar River bank.. The "cats' murderer" trees are grown along the path..

There are two trees which stand still after more than 20 years.. They have been providing shelter to the Tanjung Ketapang's visitors for that long..
I have sweet memory of those trees.. If you look closely, you can see that there is a branch at the lower part of the tree that had been removed. That was the branch that I used to sit after jogging (actually running away from a routine of just jogging around the hostel).. with my friends for hours before we turned back to our hostel.. We talked, laughed, sang..hahaha.. a lot..

That was my sweetest memory of it! When I got back here, I told my cik abang about it.. He just kept quiet...It's like he's been saying.. "Haa? Is that what you call exciting?" Hahaha....
Adham and Najwan are trying to climb up the tree.. Heyy.. Tried so hard to be as agile as their mom at that moment..

Golf field beside the river.. Hot but breezy....

There's a chalet by the riverside...!

It was totally a satisfaction for me after waiting for years to come here.. It's good if cik abang were there with us to enjoy this morning beauty of Tanjung Ketapang.. One day, InsyaAllah.....

2 comments: